We’re delighted to have you on board here at VaultPress! Setting up backups with VaultPress is quick and easy. Because VaultPress is now part of Jetpack, you’ll need to connect Jetpack and select a plan to get started.
Connecting through Jetpack
- Choose a plan here: https://vaultpress.com/plans/.
- Click Get Started.
- Type in your site URL
Start by typing in the address of the site you want to back up, for example: http://vaultpress.com. Then click the blue “Start Installation” button.
- Install Jetpack
Follow the instructions to install and activate Jetpack. (Note: if Jetpack is already installed, you will automatically skip to Step 3.)
- Create (or log in to) your account
You will be prompted to create, or log in to, a WordPress.com account. (Note: if you’re already signed in, you will automatically skip to Step 4.)
- Complete the purchase
Fill in your credit card details and pay securely by clicking the blue Pay button.
- Sit back and relax
Once payment is completed, we will automatically install and configure VaultPress and Akismet for you. When this process is complete you will be taken to your plan dashboard.
Confused about what to list as your site URL?
If you’re ever unsure what to list as your site URL, log in to your WordPress Dashboard. From there, copy everything before /wp-admin and paste that in as your site URL. For example, for this site the URL is: https://vaultpress.com.
If you need to manually install due to an error in the automatic flow, here’s how to do that.
- Go to Plugins → Add New.
- Search for “VaultPress Plugin”.
- Click Install and then Activate.
- From there, you’ll be prompted to enter your key to register the plugin. You can either click the button or navigate directly to Jetpack → VaultPress.
- You can find the registration key to use at the bottom of your site’s plan receipt here: https://wordpress.com/me/purchases/. The key is located in the Backups and security scanning API key field.
- Enter that key in the box and click Register. VaultPress will connect to our servers and immediately start your first backup.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re always happy to help!