Follow these steps to add your Bluehost SSH credentials to VaultPress.
Step 1: Enable SSH access in Bluehost
On Bluehost, SSH access is not enabled by default. Follow these steps to enable it. If it’s already enabled, you can still follow these steps to get the SSH information you’ll need.
- Log in to your Bluehost cPanel: https://my.bluehost.com/cgi-bin/cplogin
- Once you’ve logged in, make sure you are in the cPanel:
- Scroll down to the Security section and click on SSH/Shell Access:
- On the next page, click on the Manage SSH Access button:
- A new window will open. Under SSH Status in the drop-down menu, choose SSH Access Enabled and click Submit:
- Once the changes are saved, you can close the new window, and refresh the SSH settings page. You’ll see your SSH credentials information at the bottom of the page, under SSH Access is: Enabled:
Step 2: Adding SSH info in VaultPress
You can add your SSH info by logging in to your VaultPress dashboard, and going to the Settings page:
On the Settings page, click on the SSH button:
You’ll see the following screen:
The information you need can all be found on the SSH page in your Bluehost cPanel from step 6 above:
For Server Address enter the Hostname that’s displayed.
For Port Number enter 22.
For Username enter the Username shown.
For Password enter your account password. That’s the same as the one you used to log in to your cPanel in Step 1 above.
Once you’ve entered all of this information, click on the blue Test & Save button:
Once your SSH credentials are saved correctly, you’ll see this:
If you see any errors, please feel free to contact us for help.