You’ve always been able to restore your VaultPress backups to the same server. But did you know that you can automatically restore a backup to a new site altogether?
Why would I do that?
- Maybe you’ve always wanted to restore a backup to a new server, or a subdirectory on your current server, for troubleshooting or development purposes. Well, now you can restore your VaultPress backups to a test site!
- Or perhaps you’re getting ready to move to a new host. Now you can easily copy your current site to a new host!
Cool, so how do I use this thing?
- Before you can restore from backup, you will need to ensure that WordPress is installed and functioning on your new site.
- Sign in to the VaultPress dashboard and view the Backups section for your site.
- Choose a backup from which to restore, and click the Restore button.
- Click the Change Site button to restore your backup to a different site.
- Enter your new site address, your FTP credentials, and the location to your new WordPress installation. Then click the Save Alternate Site button.
- Click the Restore button, and watch the progress bar as the backup is restored to your new site. Feel free to take a break or navigate away from the page — the restore will continue to run. We’ll even send you an email once it’s finished.