The VaultPress plugin must be installed and activated before you can access your dashboard. VaultPress is not currently available in the plugin repository. For now, you must install the plugin using the WordPress Admin or FTP Upload.
If you have an older version of the VaultPress plugin installed, you must de-activate and delete it before installing a new version.
You’ll need to download the VaultPress plugin before you can install it on your site.
Install via the WordPress Admin
- While signed in to your sites WordPress Admin, browse to the Plugins section, and click on Add New.
- Click on Upload (1) near the top of the page. Then click on the Choose File (2) button and select the vaultpress.zip you downloaded from your VaultPress Dashboard. Finally, click the Install Now (3) button.
- WordPress will now upload and install your Plugin. Once the installation of your Plugin has finished click the Activate Plugin link.
- Once activated, you’ll see a persistent message from VaultPress letting you know that your setup is not complete. Click on the Register VaultPress button. If you’ve registered VaultPress on your site before, your registration key may already exist. If this is the case, you’ll see a slightly different message, and your site will begin backing up immediately.
- On the VaultPress section of your WordPress admin, you will need to enter your registration key.You can find your registration key in your VaultPress Dashboard or in your welcome email. Your registration key is valid for one site.
- After registering your plugin, VaultPress will immediately begin backing up your site. If this is your first time installing VaultPress on your site, you’ll see the status report for your initial backup, shown below.
Install via FTP Upload
- After downloading the plugin from your Dashboard, you’ll need to unzip it. In OS X, you can simply double-click on the file. In Windows, you can use an archiving tool such as 7-Zip to extract the backup file.
- Using an FTP application upload the unzipped plugin to the wp-content/plugins/vaultpress/ folder.FTP Applications: Transmit (Mac Only), Cyberduck (Windows and Mac)
- Sign in to your site’s WordPress admin, and browse to the Plugins section. You should see VaultPress listed under Inactive plugins. Click on the Activate link.
- You should now see the VaultPress plugin listed under Active plugins. You’ll also see the VaultPress menu item towards the top of your sidebar. To complete the install, complete steps 4, 5, and 6 above.